Floating Ball Valves
BuTech’s 2-way floating ball valve is available with a wide range of connections including male and female NPT, low-pressure compression fittings, medium- and high-pressure tube ends, medium- and high-pressure female, JIC 37° flare, SAE O-ring boss, socket-weld, butt-weld, and metric connections.
They are available with special seal materials or manufactured from any machinable material for extreme applications. They also can be fitted with pneumatic or electric actuators for remote control. 2-way Floating Ball Valves for On-Off Service should be limited to non-critical applications.
It is important that these valves always have an inlet pressure of at least 1,000 psig to properly load seals, if the pressure will sometimes drop below 1,000 psig, the valve may leak across the ball. It should not be used for gas applications.
Floating Ball Valve Features
- Pressures to 20,000 PSI (1,380 bar) at 72°F (22°C).
- 3/16″ to 1″ (4.7mm to 25.4mm) ports.
- Pressure loaded seats assure positive sealing.
- Blowout-proof stem and ball provides maximum safety.
- Bi-directional flow capabilities.
- Straight-through flow path minimizes pressure drop.
- Quarter-turn operation accommodates quick open-and-close needs.
- Flow indicating handling indicates valve position at a glance.
- Choice of replaceable connections for installation versatility.